Blog Archive

Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Reading Experiences

When do I read? What do I read? What am I reading for? After taking a minute to think about these questions, it was obvious to me that I only read to learn. No longer do I read for my own enjoyment like i use to when i was younger. I read for school, for research, and to learn. However i am essentially reading all the time, at school, at work, on the billboards while i drive, at home, on the tv, ect.. Advertisements and lone sentences are almost immediately processed in my head. It is the longer texts that I will voluntarily decide to read and they usually must meet specific requirements in order for me to read all of it. It seems that they must always be interesting, new, and captivating. I rarely read the same thing twice or even similar topics. I am reading textbooks, science articles, news headlines. I cannot remember the last time i read more than a page of a novel or story that was not required of me for a class i was in. Excluding facebook and twitter posts that usually go right over my head, I am only reading to find out something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment