Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Photo Essay: Design Plan


I realize I am composing this Photo Essay on a delicate topic so my primary strategy is to remain respectful and thoughtful.

I also have plans to appeal to my audience in multiple other ways. I want to make sure they trust me and that my credentials are worthy of talking about this subject. In my essay I will make them aware of both my religious and non-religious background/history (Ethos). Also, I want them to convince them of this religious and science co-existence by excluding my own opinions and using real, non-manipulated photos and also discuss widely agreed upon religious beliefs and well researched scientific theories (Logos). And finally, I plan to appeal to my audience’s emotions through thought provoking image comparisons and “big idea” questions (Pathos).

My intentions are to use MS PowerPoint to present my essay with a solid color background and frames. I do not want anything taking away from the pictures or words. Also, I plan on using a hard contrast font color through the entire essay to remain uniform and neutral (much like my argument). Likewise, my pictures (multiple per page) will be aligned together, parallel, and with the same size and dimensions to portray the feeling of balance and equality as an undertone to “co-existence.”

I will be opening with a narrative addressing the relationship between religion and science in the past, their relationship now, and asking questions about their future. Hopefully my audience will find things they can relate to or engage in. I want to have 3-4 pages of pictures (3-4 each) that I will stylistically format to highlight the relationship between religion (one of the pictures), science (a different picture) and then an example of their mutual, co-existence in between (the picture in the middle).

Communication is very important for my essay. Not everything I have to say can be done with pictures and vise-versa with only words. I am also looking for feedback from my essay and presentation so I will be asking questions thought the project.

            
            I can test my projects effeteness from my peer’s opinions. I want them to see the connection and co-existence between religion and science and I want them to question the future between the two as well. Ultimately I want to open my audience’s minds to a not so thought about idea and I should be able to tell if I achieved this through their reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment