Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Synthesis Paper Purpose Statement/Design Plan

For this paper, my intended audience would be the college age student, specifically the more impressionable and less committed to a specific career choice student, like a freshman or sophomore. They need to be educated in order to understand certain big-idea concepts and interested in their future career.
This paper will argue the necessity of a college education AND experience in terms of what it will provide future employees in the modern and unpredictable workforce. The purpose of this paper is to synthesize articles by Richard Judy & Carol D'Amico, Thomas Friedman, Alan Blinder, an article from the Economist and a publication on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to argue for how to best prepare for a working life in which change is a constant. I will argue that the future of work ensures less job security, mass exportation, and declining impersonal services, and that a college education/experience is the best way to overcome them.
 I will employ ethos with my well introduced expert opinions and factual generalizations. I will employ pathos by stressing the complications the workforce will see in the future since future jobs should be a major concern of my audience's. Lastly, I will Employ Logos with the factual appeals of statistics and trends as well as present my synthesis a logical flow.My overall strategy for writing this paper is to introduce both sides of the argument then pick the side that supports a college education and then use expert synthesis in my body paragraphs to support my argument and conclude with the relevance this all has on the future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment